2008 – 2018 (10 yrs) Senior Optical & HW Development Engineer
Sanmina Inc. (Dallas area) Viking Technology Div.
Opto-Electronics, Medical, Telecom, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Laboratory analyzers
My Design Group; Fiberoptic and Free Space Optics, Optical Design, Assembly Automation, Optical Active-Alignment Equipment
- Head of Opto-Mechanical Engineering for the Optical & Microelectronics Div (OMED).
- Responsible electro-mechanical, opto-mechanical, and fiberoptic packaging efforts.
- Responsible for mechanical and CAD aspects of, Contract proposals, & New business development.
- Senior CAD and Opto-mechanical Designer for the product development group.
- SolidWorks and Inventor Expert.
- Opto-mechanical design of laser-based, Autonomous Vehicle & LIDAR systems with free-space Microlens, micro-optics, and fiber optics.
- Designed robotic assembly stations for active alignment & UV epoxy attachment of fiberoptic telecom modules, scientific lab instruments, and medical units.
- Designed robotic assembly stations and active alignment stations:
- Systems with many degrees of freedom, sub-micron precision, pneumatics, and machine vision.
- Systems for Laser weld & epoxy attachment of lasers, photodiodes, lenses, & optics.
- Responsible for collaborate and design with Zemax optical engineers.
- Mechanically designed an exterior harsh-environment telecom modem module for remote high-speed internet applications. Designed a bench-top laboratory food-safety, pathogen testing system with optics and electronics.
- Mechanical Free-Space Photonics for Telecom Transceivers, Demuxs, High speed Modulators, etc.
- Free-space 1550 nm Pulsed laser with Pumps, Erbium doped fiber, and high power micro lenses.
- Design Miniature spectrometer particle analyzer and spectrometry interrogation systems.