2008 – Present (12 yrs) Senior Optical & HW Development Engineer
Opto-Electronics, Medical, Telecom, Automotive, Quantum Computing, Consumer Electronics, Laboratory Analyzers, Spectrometers
Optical Design Group:
Fiberoptic and Free Space Optics, Optical Design, Assembly Automation, Optical Active-Alignment Equipment, LIDAR Modules, Spectrometers, Laser Devices
- Head of Opto-Mechanical Engineering for the Optical & Microelectronics Div (OMED)
- Responsible for electro-mechanical, opto-mechanical, and fiberoptic packaging efforts
- Responsible for mechanical and CAD aspects of contract proposals, & new business development
- Senior CAD and Opto-mechanical Designer for the Product Development Group
- SolidWorks and Inventor expert
- Opto-mechanical design of laser-based, Autonomous Vehicle & LIDAR systems with free-space Microlens, micro-optics, and fiber optics.
- Opto-mechanical design of Quantum Computer fiber optic interconnect.
- Designed robotic assembly stations for active alignment & UV epoxy attachment of fiberoptic telecom modules, scientific lab instruments, and medical units
- Designed robotic assembly stations and active alignment stations:
- Systems with many degrees of freedom, sub-micron precision, pneumatics, and machine vision
- Systems for Laser weld & epoxy attachment of lasers, photodiodes, lenses, & optics
- Responsible for collaboration and design with Zemax optical engineers.
- Mechanically designed an exterior harsh-environment telecom modem module for remote high-speed internet applications. Designed a bench-top laboratory food-safety, pathogen testing system with optics and electronics
- Mechanical free-space photonics for Telecom Transceivers, Demuxs, High speed Modulators, etc
- Free-space 1550 nm pulsed laser with Pump Lasers, Erbium doped fiber, and high power micro lenses
- Design miniature spectrometer particle analyzer and spectrometry interrogation systems