2005 – 2008 (3 yrs) Senior Mechanical Engineer
Photodigm Inc (Dallas area)
Laser Diode Mfr of Gradient Surface-Emitting and DBR Lasers
- Designer of Submounts, Hermitic packages, & Modules. Near Infrared to 1550 nm.
- Responsible for Semiconductor Laser Packaging design.
- Worked with Free-space Aspherical Lens and Waveguided Frequency-doubling Crystals.
- Designed and built Thermoelectric-cooler based Test Platforms.
- Designed Robotics for High-vacuum E-beam Evaporation Chamber.
- Designed and Built an Automatic Laser Test Station with Micropositioners and Pneumatics.
- Designed Sealed TO-8 and TO-56 Can type of Hermitic Laser Package.
2003 – 2005 (2 yrs) Head of Engineering Technology
NanoLign Inc. (Dallas area)
Nanopositioning Microelectronics Mfr, Optical and RF Devices
- Head of Engineering for a five employee, high-tech, MEMS based, start-up company.
- Responsible for all nanotechnology packing and microelectronic component development.
- Primary designer for the company, including solid-modeling and CAD efforts.
- Designed all the chip-level, component-level, and module-level packaging.
- Worked with miniature free-space RF components. (Phase shifters, etc).
- Design support for KU band Satellite-tracking Phased-array Flat-panel Patch Antenna.
2002 – 2003 (1 yr) Head of Mechanical Group
Sanmina-SCI Inc. (Dallas area)
Electronics Contract Mfr, Opto-Electronics, Medical, Datacom
- Optical Module Packaging Expert. • Miniaturization, Tiny Free-space optics, Micro-positioning.
- Product Development. Components, Modules, and Circuit cards.
- Contracting efforts, Technical Sales, Proposal Development.
- Project Planning and Cost Development. • Web Site Designer for Document Control System.
1995 – 2002 (8 yrs) Member of Technical Staff
Alcatel Inc. (Dallas area)
Fiber Optic Transmission Sys, SONIT, OC-192, WDM, Microwave
- Fiber Optic Components Designer. Microwave Hybrid Designer. Active Alignment of Optics.
- Package Designer of 10Gb Laser Transmitter and Fiber Optic Receiver Packages.
- Ceramic Microcircuit Layout and Design. Microstrip & Coplanar Transmission Lines.
- CAD System Administer (AutoCAD). Computer Engineering Services Coordinator.
- Mechanical, Thermal, and Optical Analysis.
1990 – 1995 (5 yrs) System Engineer
Telephony International Inc. (Dallas area)
Operator Services Systems, Class 5 Switch
- Management Support: System Engineering, Proposals, Staging, and Field Support.
- Operations and Production: MPR-II, Material Planning, Purchasing, Inventory.
- Project Engineering: Digital and Analog Telecom Board Designer. • Software Programmer (C++).
1980 – 1990 (10 yrs) Design Engineer
Texas Instruments (Dallas area)
Avionics, Electronics, Defense Systems
- System Engineering on Test Technology Design Issues. • Built-in-Test Hardware Design.